Sunday, January 23, 2011

Natalie's White Chicken Chili

This is a recipe from my sister-in-law...she has brought it to a few family functions, and it is always the first one gone!

3-4 chicken breasts, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped (or 1/2 cup dehydrated onion)
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3 cans Great Northern white beans, rinsed and drained
1 can white beans (these are smaller than the Great Northern's), rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cans chicken broth
2 cans chopped green chilies
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (I think I only did 1/8 tsp. because I don't like much spice)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 cup whipping cream

Put everything in the crock pot except the sour cream and whipping cream. Cook on low heat 8 hours or until chicken is cooked. The last half hour add the sour cream and whipping cream. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment