So I got this recipe off the Platinum Wives Recipe Blog, and I would have NEVER looked at the ingredients and thought I should make it. The only reason I wanted to try it is because Jessica Stevenson posted it, and anything that I have tried that she made has been DELICIOUS! I wouldn't normally have this for a main dish, because it seems like such a big dish of meat, but if you took this dish of baked beans to a summer BBQ, everyone would think it's the BEST baked beans ever:)
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup catsup
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. dry mustard
2 Tblsp. vinegar
1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans
1 (16 oz.) can pork and beans
1 small can lima beans (drained)
Brown hamburger, bacon, and onion...drain. Add salt, catsup, sugar, mustard, and vinegar. Mix well and bring to a boil, then add beans to mixture. Put in 2 quart baking dish, leave uncovered, and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment