Monday, November 22, 2010

Copycat Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana



I got this from Favorite Family Recipes, it is a GREAT winter soup!

3 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
2 cups whipping cream (last time I made it, I didn't have quite enough whipping cream, so I used a little French Vanilla Creamer and we liked it just as much, maybe better!)
red pepper flakes (to taste)
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1 small onion, diced and sauteed
1/2 pkg. bacon, cooked and crumbled (I just use the real bacon bits from Costco)
4-5 cups chopped Kale
3-4 potatoes, cleaned and chopped (do NOT remove skins)
1 lb. pork sausage (or mild Italian sausage) shaped into small rounds, browned, and put on paper towels to de-grease

Put everything except potatoes in crock pot on high 3-4 hours. Add potatoes the last 40-60 minutes(so they don't get soggy). Serve with rolls or breadsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment