If anyone besides myself actually looks at this blog and happens to like Indian food, please try this dish!!! It is so delicious. I found the recipe on Favorite Family Recipes, and like they said on their blog, this REALLY is restaurant worthy!! Supposedly it tastes just like the Bombay House's Chicken Tikka Misala.
Marinade:
1 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek)
1 Tblsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (I used 1/8 tsp. but I'm kind of a sissy when it comes to spicy)
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 Tblsp. minced fresh ginger
1 tsp. salt
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (I used about 1.25 lbs.)
4 long skewers
Sauce:
1 Tblsp. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt (next time I will only add 1/4 tsp.)
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 tsp. cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, pepper, ginger, and 1 tsp. salt. Stir in chicken, cover, refrigerate at least 1 hour. Preheat a grill for high heat. Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers and discard marinade. Grill 5 min. on each side.
For the sauce: Melt butter in a large skillet. Saute garlic for 1 minute. Season with 2 tsp. cumin, paprika, and 1 tsp. salt (I would not use this much salt next time...maybe 1/4 tsp.). Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro. Serve over rice (I used basmati rice).
No comments:
Post a Comment