For Topping:
1 1/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies (I used only half that amount)
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/3 cup whipping cream (you can use half and half to cut the fat)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
For Enchiladas:
3/4 lb. ground turkey
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tblsp. olive oil
3/4 cup mild red salsa
1 Tblsp. cornmeal
2 tsp. chili powder (I used a little over 1 tsp...but we don't like things too hot)
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground oregano
salt and pepper
8 corn tortillas, warmed or grilled (I think I probably used 16...and I would use flour tortillas next time)
1 1/2 cups cheese, pepper jack or Mexican cheese blend, divided
1/4 cup sliced olives, optional
Place the first six ingredients in a food processor, cover and pulse until blended. Do not over pulse.
In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat, stir in salsa, cornmeal, and seasonings.
Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla, top with two Tblsp. cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Lay the tortillas so you have two rows of four tortillas, side by side. Spoon corn mixture over the top.
Cover with foil and bake and 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for additional 5-10 minutes longer until heated and cheese is bubbly on top.
No comments:
Post a Comment