Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rice Pudding

This is the best rice pudding recipe EVER!! If you cool it in the fridge before eating it, it tastes almost exactly like Kozy Shack rice pudding that you can buy in the refrigerated section at the grocery store. I could seriously eat a whole batch. The recipe is from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

3/4 cup Arborio rice, rinsed
6 cups whole milk
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/4 cup heavy cream

In a medium saucepan, combine rice, milk, vanilla, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until rice is tender and liquid has absorbed, about 40-45 minutes. (It took mine between 1 hour and 1 hour 15 minutes: I didn't cover it while it simmered because her recipe didn't say to, but I wonder if I would have covered it if it would have been done in 40-45 minutes...maybe next time I'll try that)

Stir in heavy cream and serve warm, or chill it and then serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment