I got this recipe from ourbestbites2.blogspot.com (awesome recipe site!). They have lots of suggestions for different twists on the recipe...I am only typing up the way I made it because I loved it that way...but look at that site if you want other suggestions!!
Cinnamon Chips
8 taco size flour tortillas
3 (or so) Tblsp. butter, melted
cinnamon-sugar mixture (I mix about 1 cup sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a basting brush to brush one side of each tortilla with melted butter. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over each tortilla, then, with a pizza cutter, cut tortillas into triangles. Place on cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until just barely starting to brown (they will continue cooking slightly after removed from oven).
Sweet Fruit Salsa
Any of your favorite fruit can be used, I used the fruits I used because the difference in color makes it look yummy :)
8-10 strawberries
4-5 kiwi fruit
4-5 slices of pineapple
2-3 tangelos (oranges or mangos would be great too!)
several blackberries
Chop the strawberries, kiwi, and pineapple with food chopper. Peel and slice the tangelos. Cut blackberries in half if they are large. Wait until right before serving to add the blackberries, as they will dye everything else. The original recipe calls for sugar to sweeten, but mine was plenty sweet without added sweetener, so taste, and if necessary, add sugar to sweeten. Combine all fruit in a bowl, and serve with cinnamon chips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment